Management of the self-service vehicle service (purpose and legal basis):
The company KNOT, whose headquarters are located in STRASBOURG (67000) - 5 rue Baldung grien, has an application for renting self-service e-scooters. This application allows us to receive orders from our customers. In addition, KNOT equips its vehicles with a geolocation system to monitor the fleet. The purpose of this processing is to:
- Manage orders, payment and service provision.
- Plan and execute the management and maintenance of the service and equipment.
- Informing customers of the status and availability of the network.
- Conduct marketing operations (loyalty, promotions) and to send advertisements by e-mail to our customers who have accepted.
Legal basis for processing:
- Management of orders: the legal basis of the processing is the execution of a contract (Cf. Article 6.1.b) of the European Data Protection Regulation).
- Geolocation of vehicles: The legal basis of the processing is the legitimate interest (see Article 6.1.f) of the European Data Protection Regulation).
- Distribution of e-mails on the status of the service: the legal basis for processing is the legitimate interest of the company (see Article 6.1.f) of the European Data Protection Regulation).
- Sending commercial solicitations by e-mail: the legal basis for processing is consent (see Article 6.1.a) of the European Data Protection Regulation), as required by Article L. 34-5 of the French Post and Electronic Communications Code.
Categories of data:
- Customer identity: email address, surname, first name, bank details, phone number, IP address, internal processing code allowing the identification of the customer.
- Order data: transaction number, purchase details, purchase amount, invoice payment data (payments, outstanding payments, discounts), withdrawal.
- Payment data: credit card number (only the last 4 digits are kept by KNOT), expiration date of the credit card, visual cryptogram (which is immediately deleted).
- Customer travel data: location data from the use of a geolocation device, numbers of kilometers traveled, travel history.
Recipients of the data:
- KNOT’s customer service, KNOT’s operational service, KNOT’s operational partners.
- Payment data is sent to our subcontractor Stripe, which is responsible for payments.
Data retention period: twenty-four months. After two years, the data is anonymized and used only for statistical purposes in aggregate form.
Station Ordering (purpose and legal basis):
KNOT, whose headquarters are located in STRASBOURG (67000) - 5 rue Baldung grien, has a showcase website, which presents its activity as a supplier and operator of self-service fleet solutions. This site allows, via an online contact form, to receive requests for quotes from Internet users and the data collected on this occasion are recorded in a file of prospects. Another form allows to subscribe to a mailing list.
Legal bases of the treatments:
- Sending quotations: the legal basis for processing is the execution of pre-contractual measures (Cf. Article 6.1.b of the European Data Protection Regulation).
- Sending email to the mailing list: The legal basis for processing is the consent of the data subjects.
Categories of data:
- Customer identity: email address, first and last name.
- Data related to quotes: quote number, details and amount of the service requested.
Recipients of the data: The Staff of KNOT.
Data retention period: one year.
You can access your personal data or request their deletion. You also have the right to object, the right to rectify and the right to limit the processing of your data (see cnil.fr for more information on your rights).
To exercise these rights, go to the KNOT application and go to the menu “My account” and then “My information”. Alternatively, or if you have any questions about KNOT’s processing of your data, you can contact our DPO.
- Contact our DPO by email: email@example.com
- Contact our DPO by mail:
The Data Protection Officer 5 Baldung Grien Street Rue la Transparence 67000 STRASBOURG